Morning everyone. I’m tired today. Woke up with lingering images still in my head. Remnants of a dream world that I didn’t want to leave. Most of the time, my dreams are nightmares, the kind that leave you shaken and paranoid to fall back asleep. But every so often, I’ll have a good night where my dreams are filled with hope and love and safety and .. in the case of last night – the most incredible, hottest sex ever. 🙂 Hence my not wanting to awake and join the real world. It’s rare that I get lost in such a positive dream world.
I have made an interesting discovery. Normally – this time of year is the worst for me. Having lost Ben at Thanksgiving, this time of year is usually filled with both christmas cheer and a sadness that he’s not here to enjoy it with me and the kids. I do my best tho, to make the holiday be magical for my children, and hide from them my general state of melancholy. This year, at least so far, has been different. I still think of Ben every day. I touch a picture I have of him on my desk at work and say good morning to him every day. But this year, I’m not sad. Ok maybe a little, but it’s different this year. I think he’d be proud of me…despite the fact that I didn’t stay with his father.
Because of some really good friends, my thanksgiving was filled with joy and hope and not my usual sadness. I don’t think I’ve ever been so grateful for a friend and I can honestly say, it’s been a very long time since I’ve had this kind of hope but I have a shit ton of baggage. I’m this strange combination of confidence and insecurity. I don’t know that I’d say I’m broken – but in a lot of ways that’s probably an accurate description. My previous life left a path of damage not unlike what’s left behind a tornado’s path. I feel like I don’t know what I’m doing. And coming from me, that’s quite a statement. I’m so scared to mess it up, to scare people away. I’m scared that all my instincts are off. I’m scared that people won’t see me. And I mean, really SEE me. I’ve done a lot of self discovery in the last year. I like who I am…even if I am still a little messed up.
Things I’ve discovered about myself that I didn’t know…as sad as some if it might be:
- My inner strength and how strong I am
- I am a DAMN good mom. 🙂 My kids are happy. I mean down and out sincerely happy.
- I am a sexual creature – who knew!? Amazing what happens when you’re no longer with someone who has no sex drive or appreciation for a woman who wants to please her man.
- Not only am I sexual – but I’m damn sexy! You know how I know? I had some boudoir photography done. For someone as insecure as I am, this is HUGE. And I can honestly say it was one of the BEST experiences I’ve ever had. I needed to prove to myself after leaving my ex that I was sexy, and sultry and not an unwanted troll. HOLY COW can we say mission accomplished? I will also be the advocate for ANY and ALL women to do this for themselves. Doesn’t matter your age or weight – DO IT.
I thought long and hard about whether I wanted to share any of them… as personally – this is something I would normally keep private. But I wanted to prove that I did indeed do this. So here is one of the safer ones I will share.
- I don’t always want to be in control. In fact, there are a lot of times when I don’t want to be in control at all. Being a parent and a leader at work means I’m the boss – a lot. I don’t want to be the boss at home. I think this is why the idea of finding a real MAN appeals to me so much.
- Communication and blunt honesty is SO much better than stuffing it down and being polite. Yea, you might upset a few people every now and then, but in the long run, honest communication trumps all.
- I am smart. I made a goal for myself a year ago that I wanted to have 30 patents (with my name as an inventor) by the time I hit 40. I’m WELL on my way…with 5 now officially under my belt. 🙂
Hmm this list could get a lot longer – but we’ll leave it there for the time being. Happy Tuesday everyone!
3 thoughts on “A sleepy ramble…”
Sounds like some great discoveries. Number 5 appeals to me, but I don’t want to find a man. 🙂
LOL. 🙂 Are you saying you want a woman who will dominate you? or one who will submit control to you?
No… Actually, quite the opposite, but in a fun relaxing way rather than the industrial white collar way that I do day in and day out.